medica mondiale’s Grants Program funds women-led organisations in war and conflict zones. medica mondiale provides support to women’s organisations working at the local, regional or national level to protect and promote the rights of women and girls affected by sexualised and gender based violence.
Organisations must fulfil the following criteria:
- directed and led by women
- having as primary mission the protection and promotion of women’s rights with these goals clearly reflected in their work
- working on issues directly related to medica mondiale’s theme: combating and preventing sexualized and gender based violence against women in war and conflict zones.
- supporting women and girls regardless of ethnicity, religion, political belief, sexual orientation, social status, or age.
- working for social structural change to end violence against women.
- actively include the perspectives of the women and girls they support.
- working in collaboration with others in the human and women’s rights movement.
- formally registered as non-governmental and non-profit organisations.
medica mondiale does not fund individuals, scholarships, organisations founded or led by government entities or political parties.
The focal regions of the Grants Program are:
- Southeastern Europe
- the African Great Lakes Region
- Iraq, with a specific focus on Central Iraq
Please check our website regularly for open calls.
Calls are published on our website (see downloads on the right) and have a specific regional and thematic focus.
Grants range in size (depending on the call) from EURO 10.000 to EURO 15.000 per year. Only one grant per year will be given to any organization.
Grants are awarded based on the eligibility criteria listed above.
Please make sure that your organisation meets the criteria. Before submitting a full proposal, we encourage you to contact us to find out if your organisation or your project is eligible for a grant.
Applications can be submitted in German, English or French, through e-mail only.
Please send your application to the email address mentioned in the respective call for proposals.
Upon receiving your proposal, we will get back to you, usually within four weeks, with a first feedback on your project or a request for additional information. Final decisions usually take up to 3 months. Please note that medica mondiale is not able to award a grant to all deserving applicants.
If you have any question regarding the application process, do not hesitate to contact us. Please send your application to the email address mentioned in the respective call for proposals. We look forward to your message.