medica mondiale’s Grants Program funds women-led organisations in war and conflict zones. medica mondiale provides support to women’s organisations working at the local, regional or national level to protect and promote the rights of women and girls affected by sexualised and gender based violence.
Grants range in size from EURO 5.000 to EURO 10.000 per project.
Only one grant per year will be given to any one organisation.
Total grants given to any one organisation are limited to three (3) grants.
medica mondiale funds
- Organisations directed and led by women.
- Organisations whose primary mission is the protection and promotion of women’s rights with these goals clearly reflected in its work.
- Organisations working on issues directly related to medica mondiale’s theme: combating and preventing sexualised and gender based violence against women in war and conflict zones.
- Organisations who support women and girls regardless of ethnicity, religion, political belief, sexual orientation, social status, or age.
- Organisations working for social structural change to end violence against women.
- Organisations who actively include the perspectives of the women and girls they support.
- Organisations working in collaboration with others in the human and women’s rights movement.
- Organisations formally registered as non-governmental and non-profit organisations.
- Organisations based and working in conflict or post-conflict countries.
medica mondiale does not fund individuals, scholarships, organisations founded or led by government entities or political parties.
medica mondiale makes grants to women‘s rights organisations in war and conflict zones worldwide. The current regional priority of the grant program is the African Great Lakes Region.
medica mondiale welcomes proposals that fall into the following thematic areas:
- Direct support for women and girls
Direct services for women and girl survivors or at risk of sexualised and gender violence including but not limited to access to mental and physical health services, justice, education and income; documentation of violence against women and awareness raising on its causes and consequences; advocacy for women and girls’ rights and for an end to all forms of violence.
- Women‘s leadership, networking and advocacy
Leadership and advocacy activities related to medica mondiale’s themes including but not limited to: combating and preventing sexualised and gender violence against women in war and conflict zones, UN-Resolutions 1325 and 1820, civic and political participation, peace building, justice, strengthening networks of women leaders in war and conflict zones.
- Capacity building for women’s organisations
Groups that are already partners of medica mondiale can apply for capacity building activities that enhance organizational capacity, organizational development and self-care.
Application process and procedure
Applications can be submitted in German, English or French, preferably by e-mail.
Here you find the grants application form and guidelines (Word .doc) and the budget form (xls). Only project applications submitted in this format will be considered. Please send your application to proposals(at)medicamondiale.org.
Projects are awarded once a year.
Closing date for the submission of proposals for 2014 is October 31, 2013.
Please note that funding for approved projects can at the earliest start on 1 February 2014.
Upon receipt of your proposal, we will get back to you, usually within three weeks, with a decision on your project or a request for additional information. Final decisions usually take three months. Please note that medica mondiale is not able to award a grant to all deserving applicants.
Usually, medica mondiale can approve about 10 per cent of all project proposals.
Do you have questions?
If you have any question regarding the application process, do not hesitate to contact us at fund(at)medicamondiale.org. We look forward to your message.